The RV Shop

How To Use Your Camera

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rv Repairs

Wouldn't you know it, the parts the repair shop ordered yesterday didn't come in as expected. No progress on replacing the bushings in my spring shackles. Instead I began creating a new set of leveling blocks.

I make these by first milling a piece of wood to a length of 13 inches, by 7 inches, by 3 1/2 inches. Then I saw it in half diagonally creating two wedges 13 inches in length, 7 inches wide and 3 1/4 inches high in the high end tapering to about 1/4 inch at the low end.

I carry these with me in lieu of 2x8 by four foot planks for leveling my rigs. I can now level my rig in the space of 13 inches rather than the four feet required to drive up on a plank. I place a chock block behind the wheel to hold the trailer in place. It also helps prevent the rig from swaying as you walk around inside.

My next project is to figure out why the light on the wall behind my recliner stopped working. I'll do it after I finish replacing the bushings I'm working on now unless the parts don't come in tomorrow. I have a couple of chock blocks to make too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment.