The RV Shop

How To Use Your Camera

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sewer Valve Project

I'm just starting a sewer valve repair project. Actually I have two repairs to do. The valve on one of my gray tanks is leaking, and I have a crack in the top of the black tank to fix. Stay tuned for my notes about how this works out.

So far I have removed the membrane from the bottom of the trailer and confirmed the leaking valve. Water leaks from the hole where the push rod enters the valve to open and close the blade.

Tomorrow I'll flush the black tank as much as possible and prepare to remove it. When the black tank is out I'll have room to work on the gray valve as the glue dries on the crack repair. Hopefully all works out as planned. Check back to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment.