The RV Shop

How To Use Your Camera

Friday, January 8, 2010

Things you can fix

It seems that we are in some kind of cycle of repairs. Over the past couple of months I've had to repair or replace a number of things on our rig that I wouldn't have expected. One of those was the lid to the dirty clothes hamper built into the top step as you go up to the bedroom area of our Montana fifth wheel. This is attached with a metal piano type hinge, and at least six screws. All but one of the screws had broken in two. I simply drilled new holes and added more screws.

The next repair was at the toilet. Ours is a Dometic Sealand model 210. The water valve located at the side and operated by the flush pedal was the culprit. I removed it and found that the neoprene seal inside had worn out. I knew I would never find a new seal but could possible buy a new valve. I found one at Tillamook RV in Tillamook Oregon. Across from the cheese factory. It cost me $30.90 but solved the problem. The next minor repair will be the little light in the switch that turns on the water pump. It decided to quite the other day. I'll look at it more closely when we stop traveling for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment.